Thursday, June 08, 2006


On my way to work this morning I started thinking about how I view my life and the things around me, one of the main ones being how do I let things I cannot control control my feelings making me think things are worse than they really are. Really when I stop to think about it I have it pretty good and here are a few examples. I woke up this morning in a comfortable bed in a nice home and was greeted by a beautiful morning outside, I took a nice long shower and put on a fresh set of clothes and then drove my air conditioned car to my job. So really how bad is my life besides theses material things I have a wonderful, beautiful and amazing wife a son that even though can be annoying (guess where that comes from) is a good person and makes me proud to be his father and a loving dog and cat that love us no matter what. So with having all these things how can I feel down and depressed God has truly blessed me with so much, more than I can ever list I mean I could go on forever if I listed all the things that have happened to me in life that have been gifts from Him. So here comes my answer for the depression or worry I feel,The world. The world tells us that we need more if we do not have more we will not be happy until we have it, the world also tells us hey your problems are not your fault they are caused by someone else. So how do I/we change well first it will be hard because we have been living this way for quite awhile and the world view is in front of us every day but here is what I will try. I am going to change my way of thinking and take more responsibility for some things in my life one of these being hey life is not so bad so enjoy what you have, next if I am mad at someone realize they did not make me mad I allowed myself to get mad and most importantly put more trust in God above and let him guide me through not only the rough spots but also enjoy his presence in the good times and realize that He is always there through the good and the bad. So I guess that is enough for now and hopefully in the future I will be writing more about how these changes have altered my life and hopeful by changing my life I will be able to make others lives a little better.

No comments: