Thursday, December 06, 2007

Thoughts

Due to some recent conversations I have been doing a lot of thinking about life in general and where I am at in it and how are things going. I know a lot of what I am about to write sounds like I may be denying certain events going on or that I am just plain out of the loop but I do not think so. First my own life I often look at my life and feel like man nothing is going right everything is so screwed up and let life get me down, but recently I have tried to change that by identifying what is really a problem and what is perceived. One of the first things I noticed is how I let the negative doom and gloomers around me ruin my day by buying into what they say or how they feel and that has to stop because it is making me miserable. So how do I fix it? Well I have decided for everything they say negative to inject a little positive thought into the conversation and maybe just maybe I will change their day instead of them changing mine. I have also been having a real tug on my heart to do something in the social justice area, I see so much going on in the world that needs to be taken care of but we would rather make up problems or blow small things out of proportion and let the starving, sick and homeless fend for themselves. This is something I need to work on myself because as I said I have been looking at how bad I think things are in my life and have been so busy crying over poor little me that I miss the person in front of me that is truly hurting because they have no job, little food, and soon maybe no roof over their families heads. Well I know this has been a ramble and I do not know if anyone even reads this but I had to get it out.

No comments: