Wednesday, June 07, 2006

So here come the feelings again, feelings of am I really living the way I should be would I be happier with less. Why does it seem every where I look I see reminders that to be successful you must have bigger and bigger things and even more distressing than that is that I buy into this way of thinking. I know we need certain things to survive like food, clothes and shelter but what about all the excess we have why do we put so much value in it and judge a persons own worth on how much they have. I know I am just as bad as everyone else when it comes to these things I mean I have a nice home, nice cars, XM radio, Ipod, Computers,DVD's and other nice little gadgets and feel I really need them and when I do not have them feel lost. What would happen if I woke up one day and it was all gone all that I had left was family, friends and the basic needs in life. No more big house but a small one a different car electronics gone would I be a lesser person, well no but I think some people would definitely look at me different and some may not even look at me anymore. So what am I trying to say here in this ramble, have I gone over the deep end, finally lost it, cracked of gone coo coo for coco puffs, well not yet. What is happening is a change in the way I look at life and see what is important and what I should value. this change has been going on over the last few years and seems to be changing me slowly but surely. Is it growing older that is changing me or am I finally realizing who I am and who I should be or maybe a little of both I am not sure, but the one thing I am sure of is that it feels right and plan on trying not to fight it but let the change occur. well ther ramble is over for now but more is to come because I see things looking brighter and happier in my future.

No comments: